Today’s Pebble Time firmware release (v3.4) rounds out a trifecta of software updates that began with our Android and iPhone apps last week. The updates work together to bring some new features to the table (full release notes below).
Spanish, French, and German Localization
Firmware 3.4 brings full French, German, and Spanish support to Pebble Time and Time Steel. After updating the firmware and your Pebble Time smartphone app to the latest versions, set the desired display and voice languages for your watch from the Settings menu in the app.
In the zone and don’t want to be disturbed? Use Quiet Time. Silence Pebble notifications and vibrations when you need to focus. Choose from multiple settings to make Quiet Time work best for you:
- Manual: Turn Quiet Time on/off on the fly. You can also hold the Back button to toggle Quiet Time from your current watchface or from a notification.
- Calendar Aware: Enable this setting to automatically activate Quiet Time when you are in the middle of a scheduled calendar event.
- Weekdays: Set automatic Quiet Times for Monday–Friday.
- Weekends: Set automatic Quiet Times for Saturday–Sunday.
- Interruptions: Quiet All Notifications or Allow Phone Calls to come through.
Stand-By Mode is a power-saving feature that automatically deactivates Pebble’s Bluetooth when motionless for 30 minutes. The watch returns to normal operation when picked up, worn, or moved. Pebbles using Stand-By mode can draw about 50% less power while stationary.
Stand-by Mode is currently a beta feature that is turned off by default. After updating to firmware 3.4, go to Settings » System to turn Stand-by Mode on and visit the Pebble Forum discussion we created to share your feedback with the team.
Pebble Time Firmware 3.4 Release Notes
- C’est bon, Wunderbar, Olé! Set the display and voice language for Pebble Time or Pebble Time Steel to French, German, or Spanish. Also requires the latest Pebble Time smartphone apps.
- Quiet Time: Turn off notifications to your Pebble when you don’t want to be disturbed. Toggle settings for Manual, Calendar Aware, Weekdays, Weekends, and Interruptions.
- Stand-by Mode (Beta): A power-saving feature that automatically deactivates Bluetooth on Pebble after being stationary for 30 minutes.
- Improved calendar and reminder details on timeline.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements to version 3.3.
- To update your Pebble Time or Pebble Time Steel to the latest firmware, select Menu » Support » Update Your Pebble within the Pebble Time app for iOS or Android.
Pebble Time App for Android 3.4.0 Release Notes
- New look and feel: Enjoy a streamlined layout, simpler menus, and easier access to watchfaces, apps, and notifications settings.
- Do more with Calendar events: Act on incoming calendar invites (accept, decline, cancel, etc.) or on existing events in your timeline.
- Spanish, French, and German language support for watches running firmware 3.4+.
- Incoming calls not appearing on your watch in time? This update fixes it 🙂
- Better notification handling when a lot are left on a paired device’s lock screen.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements to version 3.3.0.
- Download 3.4.0 from the Google Play Store.
Pebble Time Watch for iPhone 3.2 Release Notes