Today, we’re proud to announce Amazon Alexa integration with Pebble Core, bringing Amazon’s acclaimed voice services to a fully-independent, 3G-connected wearable device for the first time ever. Pebble Core backers on Kickstarter will be the first to experience Amazon Alexa on Pebble’s infinitely hackable ultra-wearable when shipping begins in early 2017.
“Experiencing Amazon Alexa on-the-go right from Pebble Core is game-changing for wearable technology,” said Pebble CEO Eric Migicovsky. “We’re longtime fans of the powerful voice services Alexa delivers, and it only gets smarter and more useful over time. It’s an approach we embrace with our own products.”
Alexa-enabled devices feature an ever-growing arsenal of delightful, voice-powered capabilities. With Amazon Alexa, Pebble Core can:
- Play songs, artists, and playlists from Amazon Prime Music, iHeartRadio, and more.
- Brief you with news headlines from USA Today, The Washington Post, or The Huffington Post.
- Review your Pebble Health summary for the day, like heart rate, step count, and calories burned.
- Order pizzas for the gang on game day.
- Shop for gifts and necessities on Amazon.
- Get weather and traffic updates.
- Set a timer for a set of side planks.
- Control smart home devices like lights, thermostats, locks, and more.
- Tell you a joke.
- Answer almost any question you can think of—from the nutritional information of certain foods to movie facts on IMDB.
“The integration of Amazon Alexa into Pebble Core is exciting to see,” said Steve Rabuchin, Vice President, Amazon Alexa. “By making Alexa Voice Services available for free to device makers and developers, we knew there would be no limit to the innovative uses.”
Alexa Voice Services integration with Pebble Core is a prime example of what’s possible with an open platform like the Pebble ecosystem. As Alexa develops new skills, Pebble Core will as well.
Pebble Core ($69 and up) is currently available on Kickstarter and starts shipping in early 2017.