We’re almost there! Just a little bit of housekeeping from Pebble HQ. Our Kickstarter campaign will be closing on Friday May 18 at 8:00PM Pacific Standard Time.
At that time, your credit cards will be charged – a process that may take a few days. This is a reminder to make sure that the credit card you have used has enough credit to fulfill your pledge and is still active (has not been cancelled). We want to make sure that everyone who signed up for a Pebble receives one.
To change your credit card information:
1. Click on the “Manage Your Pledge” button. You must be signed into Kickstarter to see this button.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page.
3. Click on the “Change Payment Method” option. Please be very careful not to press the “cancel pledge” option beside it! If you cancel your pledge, you will lose your reward and we cannot restore it!
From there you will be sent to an Amazon page where you can check on or correct your credit card information.
We will also be receiving contact emails for each of our Backers through Kickstarter. In the months after the project closes, we’ll be emailing you directly with colour selection, shipping address requests and other updates.
As a bit of an aside – Eric, Steve and Andrew have sent us a couple of pictures from China. Looks like they’ve been talking shop and eating dumplings! You can follow the adventure on Pinterest or @pebblewatch.
This rest of this update is specifically for backers with shipping addresses outside of the United States
There has been some confusion over the international shipping fees. Since your credit cards will be charged when the campaign closes on Friday, an update seems the best way to make sure everyone has pledged properly.
Canadian or International backers: Please make sure you’ve added/included shipping fees in your pledge total.
If you have not done this, here’s how to manage your pledge and add shipping:
1. On the Pebble Kickstarter page, click on the button that says “Manage Your Pledge.” You must be signed into Kickstarter to see this button.
2. Type your pledge amount in the first box. Make sure that your pledge amount is the appropriate reward amount plus the applicable shipping fees.
Check the following table to verify your pledge level including shipping.
Please Note: If you pledge any less than your reward level, you will lose your reward position and someone else might pick it up. For example, if you pledged $115 for a jet black Pebble and forgot to include international shipping, pledge $130 and NOT just $15. You will receive a new pledge confirmation email from Amazon, and Amazon will only bill you once.
3. Click continue and confirm your pledge in the pop-up window.
4. From here you will be required to sign into your Amazon account. For this step, continue exactly as you did when making your original pledge.
If you have questions, please check out our forum post: https://forums.getpebble.com/topics/460 or check the comments on Kickstarter. If you really really need to, you can send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. But please check the comments to see if your question has been answered already.
Kind regards, Sarah + Pebble Team