Text Reply on iOS sends messages directly via your carrier, replies do not appear in the Messages app.
Pebble is excited to introduce Text Reply for iOS, a beta feature making us the first non-Apple smartwatch to bring voice and text replies to our iPhone users.
Starting today, Pebblers in the U.S. on a post-paid AT&T account can test drive iOS Text Reply using their Pebble Time, Time Steel, or Time Round. After setting things up, users can respond with a voice reply or pre-defined text to incoming items from the iOS Messages app.
Expanding voice capabilities to Pebblers with iPhones continues to be a big focus of ours. We are working to enable additional carriers and services to provide actionable notifications to more and more iPhone users. For full details about iOS Text Replies, review the FAQ below or on our Support page.
To get started with iOS Text Reply, follow these steps:
- Update your Pebble Time iPhone app to version 3.4 or higher.
- After updating the iPhone app, update your Pebble Time’s firmware to version 3.7 or higher. Select Menu » Support » Update Your Pebble if you aren’t prompted automatically.
- From the iOS app, navigate to Menu » Settings » Actionable Notifications to set up Text Replies for the first time.
- Follow the setup instructions.
- After successful setup, notifications received from the Messages app will have the option to reply with voice or a list of pre-defined responses.
- Note: Successfully sent Pebble replies will NOT appear in the iOS Messages app. The reply is sent as an SMS through AT&T directly, and not the Messages app.
For full details about iOS Message Replies, review the FAQ on our Support page. Full release notes for Pebble Time Firmware 3.7, iOS 3.4, and Android 3.7 below.